Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 7~Hovenweep National Monument/Colorado


Logan saw an advertisement sign for a dinosaur museum and wanted to go so we spent the last of our cash till payday to get in and it was a pretty cool museum. I think we were in Blanding, UT when we stopped at the museum....it was nice there but Monticello was chilly.

Hovenweep is an ancient Anasazi ruin...it was pretty cool to see. The dwellings were built all around a canyon rim that we got to hike around. It was a nice mile and half around the rim. The weather was beautiful and perfect again for hiking. I don't know why we have lucked out so much on the weather but we feel very lucky.








Tomorrow night is going to be spent in Durango, CO visiting Mesa Verde indian ruins. But, we are all tired tonite and it is time to go to bed. Nothing too exciting here in Cortez. Our old landlord from Skagway lives here...wonder if he remembers us.


I am going to drink the rest of my 8 oz of pure liquid bliss others call dt pepsi and then get some sleep to get ready for our fun filled day of hiking tomorrow. I don't know if I will get Atlin to sleep tonite...he is so excited about his birthday on the 10th...it will be nice to be rid of all the presents we have been hiding in our suitcases;)



No comments: