Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 11 cont~ swimming in Flagstaff/Lowell Observatory

We went to the Lowell observatory and the grounds there were so beautiful...of course I couldn't get a picture of the truly amazing things we saw because how do you take a picture of Saturn! I saw Saturn and the rings around it...in space, through a megaton telescope! I couldn't believe it was real, I asked the dude manning the thing if that was for real. I couldn't believe I could see it so well, not totally convinced there wasn't a picture of saturn taped to the end of the telescope...What an oppurtunity of a lifetime!
It was fun hanging out at the observatory watching the night sky with the family...and totally cheap too. We got in for $5 each with our AAA card in case you want to fit it into your next vacay.

We have spent a lot of time swimming this vacation...most all of our hotels have had a pool and we spent so much time in them we would usually get them to ourselves for an hour or so. Don't worry you won't see any photos of me in a swimming suit because Iam the picture taker...so it is safe to scroll down;)

Atlin jumping in the pool...he called it a cannon ball but he barely made a splash....he made me retake the picture like ten times till he liked what he saw.
Logan showing me how he could tread water finally, he has been practicing the whole trip. He is getting really good.

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I want to see Saturn! No fair.

Nancy said...

Still just jealous of all your sunshine!!! Looks like an awesome vacation!! Glad you are sharing =)