Thursday, January 24, 2008

Where does the time go?

I was looking at Atlin today when he got home from school and I could hardly believe how much he has grown up. Where did the time go? Where is my baby that had chunky cheeks and was always hugging his brother? I miss my babies...

I can't believe how much the boys have started thinking since we started our vacation...the questions they would ask. Some relevant and some, well, I don't know where they came from. But, Logan asked me earlier this week that if he had been born in Canada instead of Alaska would he speak Canadian? It would make sense right? I wonder how long he had been thinking that one over because we always told him we had to decide if he would be born in Canada (which was closer) or Alaska. I don't blame him for being curious about the canadian language though ay.

Atlin's questions have to be directed to Curtis because frankly, I don't have a clue. He loves geography questions and is always asking us to quiz him on that along with other things I have no clue about. I tell you though, I have had to learn a lot of things about our world because of all the questions...I still don't know what the biggest fish in the world is...that was last night's question. Everyone was shocked when I was able to answer Atlin's question at dinner tonite of how long a turtle could hold it's breath under water... 90 minutes in case you are wondering. Most information doesn't stick in my brain but thank heaven's important facts like the underwater breathing habits of a sea turtle does.

No comments: