Here we went to the famous El Morro fort where the soldiers kept vigilant watch for pirates trying to steal all their loot...along with other people trying to take over San Juan. the Americans captured it for awhile but all the men got dysentery and they had to leave. We got it back of course;) Love it here!
Curtis, Logan and Atlin in one of the walkways of the fort.
The view from the top was breathtaking...we saw two
sting rays swimming in the water from here.
the canon balls used to shoot at enemy ships.
the beach we went to twice that was only a block from
our hotel...the sand was really fine and stuck to us; I am
positive the maid doesn't appreciate all the sand we
left in the room we stayed in.
Farewell beautiful San Juan.. we looked it up...it is only
$330 round trip to fly to San Juan...anybody wanna go?
4 comments:
I'm so jealous of your paradise vacation. One day we'll make it on a cruise...I hope!
I loved Puerto Rico. San Juan was fun, but the best beach we went to was Crash Boat. You could literally be up to your neck in the water and still see the bottom you were walking on. Another cool beach was Luiquillo. There were a lot of surfers there. There's a national rainforest there that is really fun to venture through. So many places, so little time to tell you!!!
I am loving your sunny warm pictures! Plowing snow and not seeing any sun is getting old. Looks like you had an awesome trip. Gives me something to hope for. Sunshine and warm sand.
Hey nancy! didn't know you were a blogger! WElcome to the club!
i am sick of snow too...i have shoveled twice today!
Post a Comment