Thursday, July 10, 2008

Deer


How do you get rid of deer that are such a nuisance? I have this buck that has decided that my back yard is his back yard and that my tomato plants are his. I have to chase him out twice a day! He isn't afraid of us either you practically have to hit him on the butt to get him to move. We squirt them with water but he keeps coming back...maybe we need to invest in a paintball gun?

10 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I rarely have this problem, but I would recommend you stop feeding them so well... then maybe they won't come back!

Rhonda said...

I am going to start feeding them all right...some of my foot up their butts! or maybe I will just keep running at them and screaming like a crazy person like I've been doing;)

The Coles said...

You could assign them chores to do and then they won't want to hang around at all. I think the paint ball gun idea is awesome!!! It's like hunting without killing Bambi's mommy! Then when you see them around you will know who is who by the color coding. You buy the gun I'll shoot them!

Deeanna said...

That's crazy to think that they are so unafraid. Do they jump the fence to get in your yard? Dustin had to put up barbed wire so our goats wouldn't come into our backyard. Maybe that would work for you...you know, make your backyard look like a prison. :o)

Rhonda said...

One time the mommy jumped the fence into our yard and the baby couldn't jump that high so bambi kept slamming his face into the fence to get to mommy. It's little nose and toungue were all bleeding. I had to chase it away from mommy...hope they found eachother. That happened twice!

Ethne said...

We've been spreading mothballs along the property line. That seems to keep them out pretty good.

Rhonda said...

Hey Ethne! Are you my long lost cousin from Star Valley? I don't know Stan's family very well but I did remember the names Ethne and Loren for some reason.

thanks for the advice I will have to try the moth ball trick.

Ethne said...

Yes I am, but now I'm a Damm in Sheridan.

Rhonda said...

I am surprised you remember me...you were just little the last time I saw you. Do you have any kids?

Ethne said...

Nancy gave me your blog. I don't have any kids.