Saturday, July 19, 2008

Colorado

So here I sit passing the time while I wait for my laundry to be cleaned before we head off to Iowa in the morning. WE just returned from another fabulous family reunion. It was Curtis's family and we camped just outside of Steamboat Springs, Colorado near Rabbit Ears Pass.

The mosquitoes were horrendous! I have never seen such a crazed bunch of blood suckers...no repellent could keep them off of me and my boys. Logan, Atlin and I counted our bites on the way to my mother-in-laws house to pass the time. Logan had 50, ATlin had 40 and I had 25...we all look like we have the chicken pox.

WE camped for four days, and got to hike up to rabbit ears pass...it took us about 3 1/2 hours but it was so worth it...beautiful! Everyone made it except Lowell and Peggy ,but they could have had they felt up to it. They instead held down the fort and fought off the mosquitoes. Most everyone was sore the next day but not me.. for once.

After the campout we packed up, headed out Curtis one way and us another. Charolet had invited us to go to Iowa with her to help move Curtis's grandma from an assisted living facility to a nursing home. Pretty sad but if grandma hadn't been so mean to everyone at the assisted living center they wouldn't have kicked her out. Of course Curtis couldnt' take that much time off of work to go to the reunion and Iowa so we bid a sweet farewell and followed Charolet, and jody's family home to Idaho Springs.

So, here I sit at almost 1am doing laundry so I don't hold anybody up tomorrow morning...it is hard to be a night owl amoung morning people. Wish me luck!

1 comment: