Monday, August 17, 2009

Camping,Moose,Family and my Lovie.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday man of mine!
Curtis wanted to camp for his birthday...the first (and probably the last time) this year. Pretty pathetic I know. I am glad we got to go; the weather was great the first night and got quite chilly the (think; hail, rain and the furnace on our camper not working)next couple of days. Charolet and Don were able to go with us and it wouldn't have been nearly as fun without them.

Sitting around the campfire..which is what we mostly did. All those talks of going on walks every day...never happened. But, I did ride my bike for like 20 minutes with Logan...that oughta count for something. Just forget the 4,000 calories I consumed everyday in pure junk food. I am feeling it now.

Dinner was my favorite since it had probably been an hour since my last feeding session. Plus, that was the time the moose liked to enter out campsite. It happened twice...those Moose just wanted to stay for dinner. Beautiful creatures, they acted like they weren't afraid of us at all...not good that archery season had just started that day. I guess we could have warned them....the moose not the hunters.

We camped in the Cache National Forest near Odgen, UT and true to form for Utahns we had neighbors. What is it with these people and wanting to camp so close to someone else?! Every time we camp in Utah it is the same story...acres and acres of land to camp on and they have to camp for their family reunion a stone's throw away from our site? It must be our stunning and riveting campfire activities...farting and burping contests. Kudos on being the winner Don...I can almost hear your magnificent belches echoing through the forest.


1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

It looks fun... and dirty. I hate dirt.