Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lagoon

I have been wanting to take the boys to Lagoon for years. they have never been to a theme park and it was high time! We had the best time! I hadn't been to Lagoon since I was 18..so it has been awhile. When we walked through the gates it totally smelled like theme park...jayne and I were so excited about that smell of overpriced food and the oil from the rides. It was even more fun because my sisters where there (with the exception of Rochelle...she had to work). Jayne came out from Missouri ; we hadn't seen them for about 3 years. It didn't matter though because it seemed like they never had been apart. They all got along so well.
Our first ride was rattlesnake rapids. I think the kids rode it like five times. I got this picture of the crew as they were coming through the cave the first time. I could hear them squealing before I saw them.

The boys and their cousins after they got off of Rattlesnake Rapids for the third time. These are Shawn and Jayne's kids from Missouri.
Kennedy, Landon, Jackson and Ethan is in the back with Logan and Atlin.

Jayne and Darla on the ferris wheel...Anna, Atlin, Logan and I were in the bucket next to them. Atlin got pretty scared to be up so high...he was freaking out and we spent the whole time trying to show him that there was nothing to be afraid of. He had no problem going down the black hole of the water slide though..go figure. I wouldn't even go down that one.

Ethan, Logan, Anna and Kennedy on the Wild Mouse...I will never ride that ride again...it is so stinking scary.

I tried to take a picture of Logan and I on the roller coaster...I got half of him. He was screaming the whole time...it was so funny.

My mom and Clinton also joined us in Lagoon and I have no idea why I don't have any pictures of Darla's family...sorry Darla and Brian, I will have to keep looking. I will need pictures so if you guys have any...pass them along;)
By far my favorite ride was Wicked..thanks Brian,mom, anna and Jayne for riding with me. I even got a bruise between my eyes where my glasses were pushed against my face from the speed of that ride. I wish I could go on it now...such a thrill! We definitely needed another day or two at Lagoon...we didn't even make it to the water park. Maybe next summer.





1 comment:

jayne said...

Next summer you guys should come here to worlds of fun. Supposed to be like Lagoon. C'mon. It will be worth it!