Sunday, August 24, 2008

A day at the Zoo

We had the pleasure to go to Utah's Hogle zoo with Darla while we were in town for Jer's farewell. It was so fun to have all the kids there and excited about being at the zoo, seeing the animals and seeing old freinds. Mindy and Clint were in town from Texas doing the family circuit and it was so fun that they were able to take a few hours and spend it with us. It was good seeing her again and strange because she has two kids now. We have come a long way since sneeking ice cream under her mom's dining room table;) Well, I still sneek ice cream but I have my own dining room table to hide under.



Darla and I stayed at the zoo until we saw every single thing. I was so glad she was able to get off of work and play hookie with me. I always have so much fun with her and her family. We laugh alot and our kids get a long well together so that makes it even better. Atlin liked to be the babysitter of Alyssa. But sshh...don't tell her that...she doesn't like someone telling her what to do. Aubrey was such a peach, even though she had just gone to the doctor the day before with an ear infection she acted like nothing had ever been wrong at the zoo. She never fussed and at one moment her and I got to sit on the bench and just watch a squirrel...what a sweet heart.



Darla took us to the zoo with her two girls Alyssa and Aubrey

It was so fun seeing Mindy and Clint with their two boys Curtis and Benjamin. Curtis is a mover and a shaker and he wore Mindy and Clint out chasing him around. That one has a mind all his own and his ideas aren't the same as yours. But, he can do a mean piggy animal sound that will make you laugh so hard. He understands everything you say and will repeat it back. They were allready spelling things so he wouldn't know what they were talking about. What a smart little guy. And little Ben would just sit and be happy as a clam while his brother stole the spotlight. What a content and happy fella.

Logan loved the big cats at the zoo...at one point he almost started to cry he was so overcome with his joy.

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

We had so much fun that day. I had never spent so much time at that zoo. I will probably never stay that long again.... but it was still really fun.

MindyW said...

We had a wonderful day at the zoo too! We were so grateful that Darla could save us a bunch of money, that we were able to play with all of the kids, and that we could be together with you all again! Thanks for spending the day with us! Love, Mindy