Elder Jeremiah Crook
Vina del Mar, Chile Mission
August 10, 2008
I didn't think I was going to be able to make it to the temple with Jer but my dad made it possible for me to come down and share in this special day with my family. Jer is the third and final brother to go on a mission and I am so proud of all he has had to overcome to be able to go.
Now I am going to try to write him once a week so he knows how much I love him and how proud of him I am, plus, someone needs to boss him around every once in awhile.
This was a long day but it was fun to see that all the people coming to mom and dad's house that were there just to see Jer and he couldn't just disappear to his room and ignore everyone. We enjoyed all the free food and being the ones to disappear so we didn't have to talk to everyone;)
Anna had the hardest time with Jer leaving...they are pretty close being the two babies of the family. I may act like the baby but they are the youngest. They have a special bond that can never be broken. Here is Anna making us all bawl along with her. It is okay Anna, he will come back. This is their final farewell hug.
The next time Jer will see the boys they will be two years older...I think he will surprised how much they will change. They have really enjoyed having their "brother for the summer" around. Atlin especially likes to make sure Jer gets no peace by begging to play with all the "treasures" he has in that cave he calls a room. Don't worry Atlin, we will give you a key, there is no way Jer will know what is missing;)
Jer you are pretty special to us and we only wish we could be a fly on the wall to see what a life changing experience this will be. Showering, shaving and brushing his teeth everyday won't be the biggest of his challenges;)

Anna and Jer
Mom and her baby
3 comments:
Great post ra-ra.... the one with Anna crying is making me want to cry.... but since my heart is nearly obsolete I won't.
yep I wanted to cry too. I am just so proud that he didn't give up when they said he couldn't go unless he lost the weight. His other friends from the neighborhood have barely even tried. He told me he is going to get them to go on a mission. :)
don't worry darla, I will help you grow a heart. You will just need a little work...you aren't as heartless as you think;)
Post a Comment