.JPG)
We stopped in Nebraska on our way home and visited Fort Cody where we got to pose with a bear. The fort was basically a humongous gift shop must to the dislike of me...I made them use their own money to buy a few little trinkets. Mean mom huh?
.JPG)
We were lucky enough to take a trip out to Iowa with Mimi to visit the farm where she grew up and is still in the family. After clearing out all the cobwebs and spiders it made okay accomadations. The kids met a 5th cousin that lives at the next farm about 1/2 a mile away. They played with Sammy everyday and thought he was too cool. I thought he was a nice kid but had a bit too much energy and the boys acted like morons around him. So I was totally okay with leaving him when we left. He did have a cool farm with cats, horses and chickens...stuff we cityslickers don't get to see too often.
The corn was so high it made me want to come home and stomp on the five stalks I planted this spring. They still weren't as tall as Logan when we got home. We didn't get much Iowa sweet corn this time though because it was late...same as everything else. I haven't been able to buy a decent watermelon this summer.
We enjoyed a picnic with Mimi's family and about 40 people showed up laden with all sorts of delicious food I am not accustomed to even at a church function. I couldn't get enough of their pies..those ladies sure know how to bake a pie!
.JPG)
Family photo on the old family Farmall tractor.
.JPG)
Atlin drove the tractor while Logan stayed close to give helpful hints...however, Atlin didn't enjoy it as much as Logan did. I think he was scared.
.JPG)
There are some things you can only do on a farm. Logan loved driving this old Farmall tractor that Mimi used to mow the lawn when she was a kid.

One of our favorite things about Iowa was the lightening bugs. Logan liked to catch them and squeeze their butts so they lit up.

From left to right...Logan, Sierra, Joseph,Jason,Sammy (a friend that lived at the next farm),Syndey..hiding,and Atlin.
The kids loved riding in the bucket of the tractor that Mimi learned to drive a mere half an hour before she started carting us all around in it. She did pretty good, we are all still alive;)
2 comments:
Looks too dangerous for me! he he he
How fun! It looks so beautiful out there. Those tractor pics especially with Don are PRECIOUS!!!
Post a Comment