Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Subway, "Eat Poison.. er Fresh"

So, yesterday Curtis and I decided we would go to a late lunch together after I got off work and before he left to work. I asked him if he wanted to "eat fresh" because that is our subway que. I had my normal 6" turkey on honey roasted bread and he had his ham on the other half of my bread. Everything was hunky dorey until I was at the Boy's school for a volunteer appreciation shin dig and I wasn't feeling so hunky or dorey anymore. It started with a pain in my stomach and a little nausea tied in. We got home from school and I got the boys a snack turned on Disney channel and took a nap. I thought the nap would help but I felt worse...finally the vomiting,diarreah from Montezuma's revenge started and then the stomach cramps...reminded me of labor pains. I knew I had been food poisoned...I narrowed it down to the turkey or the light mayo I had on my sandwich. By the time Curtis got home I was in a bad way...he felt so bad and got the whip cracking for the boys to do the dishes and help pick up the house. How did he know I was lying on the bathroom floor in agony and all I kept thinking about was how many dishes were piling up in the sink? I got a good man!

My boys took great care of me and after a long night of cramps and diarrhea I got a little sleep, headed off to work came home took a nap, went to scouts and entertained 10 boys for a hour and drug myself back home. Feeling much better now I can blog all about it;)

The funny thing about all of this is on Fast Sunday I fasted for (among other things) that I would lose my need to snack all day long because I was in a downward spiral and gaining weight fast. My prayers have never been answered so quickly and in such a crappy way. I guess I got what I asked for because I am down five pounds and couldn't eat a thing today;) I guess my prayers are heard and answered but someone upstairs needs a little more quality one on one time and wanted to make sure I knew it.

As for Subway...I don't think I will "eat fresh" for awhile.

5 comments:

Us Lochers said...

Yucko! That's a good way to lose some quick pounds. Mine always seem to find their way back home though.

Rhonda said...

thanks for the depressing comment man!

Nancy said...

Jer & I had that same problem but we don't get mayo so we narrowed it down to the spinach. It was the only thing we had in common. Jeremy's diarrhea lasted for almost 5 days though. Mine was just a couple. Not a fun way to lose weight though.

Rhonda said...

seriously? you guys got sick at subway too? curtis was fine, so apparently we got totally seperate things.

hope you two are feeling better...at least you have that nice new bathroom to unload in eh;)

Nancy said...

I was surprised too because Subway has always been a safe bet for us here. It is nice to have a nice bathroom to hangout in! But Jeremy's bathroom at work is not so nice, he was hating it. Almost took him to the Dr.