Curtis has been gone for only three days but it seems like he has been gone for weeks. It is so strange being here without him. I have no one to share my deepest darkest whatevers with...my best friend is not here. He has his cell phone and has been calling me on his hikes through Arches National Park. I am so jealous, but I am glad he is in a happy place doing what he loves to do..be in the outdoors and not at work. Heaven knows I have left him enough times for family reunions, races and other family junk...I guess it is his turn.
But, we do miss him even if the boys do just think he is at work all the time no matter how many times I tell them he isn't. They are just a little distracted by everything else I guess. I just don't know how they can't tell the goofy guy that makes us all laugh is not at the end of the table at dinner time. I guess eating McDonalds every night it is hard to tell.
Until he gets back, I will keep his side of the bed warm...well, he will be lucky if he gets any part of the bed when he gets back because I have been quite capable of hogging the whole thing all night...not even the cats have a spot to put themselves. Not that I mind about that;)But, I will sure be happy to make him a spot:)
He probably gets along fine without me but I feel almost lost without him. I guess distance really does make the heart grow fonder...well, that makes it sound like I didn't care for him much in the first place. But, my heart is sure missing him.
2 comments:
I hope he's doing some great soul searching.... and comes back wanting a little baby... he he he
I feel your loneliness.....
Post a Comment