Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thank Heaven's April Fool's Day is over!

So, I am not the biggest fan of April Fool's Day. Curtis didn't work until evening yesterday so he sat around all day and thought up dirty tricks. He short sheeted the boys's beds...they had no idea what was wrong with their beds when they got in them that night. It was hilarious to see them struggling to get into bed. He also put baby oil on the doors coming in the house for when they got home from school, he put a raisin in their toothpaste and it looked like a gross bug when it landed on Logan's toothbrush. then the rest of the evening the boys kept trying to play pranks on me...vaseline on the door and the toilet seat. They discovered it wasn't fun to play pranks on me because then they had to clean up the mess. I am still finding tricks they forgot about. Of course you knew a trick was up their sleeve when they said "mommy come here we want to show you something" and they are both giggling and trying to be not so obvious...they have a few years to figure it out.

After hearing for the 100th time where I work (at an Elementary lunch room) from the kindergarteners "Look! there is a bug on the wall!" I was officially sick of April Fool's Day. What is the purpose of this day?! Can we just skip it next year? I know I am a buzz kill. Fun to me equals a mess that I am going to have to clean up...what is fun about that? I still feel like I have vaseline on my butt from the toilet seat!

1 comment:

Deeanna said...

Thank goodness my hubby doesn't get into the pranks! The worst prank the kids decided to pull on me was that they had forgotten their homework and that they had a bad day at school. I guess they don't realize that the pranks should things I haven't heard over and over again already this school year...