



These pictures are prerace when we were still happy and not sore all over.
We did it! We finished this race. Darla and I were worried that Anna wouldn't be able to do the whole 13 miles because she had no time to train so we tried to get her into the 5K so she wouldn't be all alone during the race. But, true to Anna form she cowgirled up and did the whole 13 miles and more than that she finished in less than a half hour after Darla and I crossed the finish line!
It wasn't easy and I can tell you I almost quit at least once...I had to walk on several occasions but Darla kept me going and was my constant companion. It was so nice having her there with me I was so impressed with her and how she just kept trudging along.
I remember a little more than halfway through Darla turned to me and asked me if I would want to run the 1/2 marathon again next year...that is like asking a woman during childbirth if she is going to have any more kids! But, now that the race is over I can scream "Yes!!" I am anxiously awaiting all the torture all over again. Not of having kids, of running the race. Just to be clear.
That last leg towards the finish line I was becoming so emotional and with everyone cheering me on I was able to find the strength to sprint through to the finish line. I bawled like a baby and was so proud of our accomplishments. Darla thought I was a little nutty and she left me and told me to stay put. She turned up again with her cutie patootie daughter Alyssa with a bouquet of beautiful flowers for me. Thank you Brian for your thoughtfulness. Of course that made me cry even more. But it is over and done and next year my performance won't be quite so embarrassing. I finished in 2 hrs and 44 minutes...Darla finished 2'42min and Anna 3'14 minutes. I think our goal was 2 hrs and 30 minutes...which is slow too.
Woohoo to both you beautiful girls and I am so looking forward to our 10K in July!
1 comment:
Let's do a 10K!! YIPEE SKIPEE
Post a Comment