Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

As I sit and think of how much my dad means to me I am reminded of all the times in my youth that he comforted and talked to me. Not that it is about me on my dad's birthday but that is just one of the things I love about him...He is a good listener.

10 Things I love about my dad:

1. He put up with 8 kids (now putting up with 8 kids, 7 spouses and 13 grandchildren)...I think Clinton counts as 6 toddlers so that is amazing in and of itself;)
2. This guy is like McGyver...he can fix anything with duct tape and a hanger.
3. He is a great grandpa to my kids
4. He is willing to help out with anything in a moments notice
5. He never asks anything of me but to be happy
6. He is a people person.
7. He will do anything for the welfare of his family
8. Even if he isn't voting for Obama he isn't trying to get me to vote McCain like everyone else
9. He is a wanderer...when he came to visit us in Alaska he spent all day hiking around the mountains...one day Curtis was on the train up the pass and saw grandpa hiking along the tracks. No pressure to entertain him...he thinks anything is fine.
10. We love him!

Happy Birthday Dad!

2 comments:

The Coles said...

Amen Sister!!! I almost started to cry thinking about how blessed I am to have such a GREAT dad!

MindyW said...

You do have a sweet Papa! I love him too!