Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Blessings

I am just feeling so blessed tonite as my kids don't listen to me and my house is a mess and Curtis is sleeping so he can work all night long and I have to sleep alone. I am grateful that I have kids for some don't, I am grateful that I have a house that can be messy because I saw plenty of homeless people on our trip sleeping on sidewalks, I feel so extremely lucky that my husband has a good job that provides for our needs and some of our wants and even luckier that my husband adores me and shows me daily. Lucky because Curtis is willing to work all night for us and never complains when he only gets 4 or 5 hours of sleep everyday. We've seen me on that little sleep and we all know that Crooks can't function on less than 9 hours every night for too many nights in a row.

How did I get so blessed? Curtis and I are nearing our 11th Anniversary and I can't believe it has only been 11 years because I can't imagine that there was a time that he wasn't a part of my life. Who did I tell my deepest darkest secrets to in college? Who gave me good advice that would affect them as well? How did I live 19 years without him? Who would let me cry just because I felt like crying and didn't have to explain myself because he allready knows why I am crying without saying a word? Who taught me that it is okay to say "no" and that I won't be sent to outer darkness because I didn't sign up to take dinner to someone every week? I am getting pretty good at saying "no" by the way.

For Valentine's Day I gave Curtis a coupon book that had coupons good for things like cuddle time, one hour of my time (that is hard to come by so that one is valuable),his favorite home cooked meal and a whole bunch more that are fun. I thought it was a good gift that would be giving for more than one day. So, he redeems a coupon that says he gets a list of my 10 favorite things that I love about him. I felt badly that it didn't seem like a very thought out list...although it was. I get on my email today and he made a list for me of what he loves about me and as I read them I was overcome with his love for me. He is so unselfish with his love and gives it freely...I could learn a lot from this man of mine. the number 10 on his list was "i love her because I can't not love her". It just made me feel so lovable...lately I haven't been feeling that loveable because I have to nag at the kids so much and frustrated with my bad time management skills,am totally breaking out and am never home to clean or do laundry or make dinner.
Time is so short to show your family how much you love them and can't live without them...I hope I can do better at taking the time to show mine.

But, in the meantime the laundry is piling up and the dishes in the sink aren't going to clean themselves...although; sometimes they do;)

1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

How cute. You are very blessed.