Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Let's just get this over with!



You know how you see the kids on the news with the masks on looking scared waiting to be tested to see if they have swine flu? Well, we got to experiance that first hand yesterday. Quarantined treated like we have the plague...don't blame them...the past few weeks haven't been fun.

I was pretty certain we had swine flu a couple of weeks ago when Curtis and I both were sick as dogs. We got over it, we lived...until it came to our house again. Atlin came home from school with a fever and a headache last Wed...yay, just in time for our fall break. The next day, Logan had the same symptoms... The boys' sickness turned into a cold and they still didnt' look like they just had a cold...ATlin was tired all the time and Logan couldn't hardly open his eyes because they were swollen. So, I took them to the doctor.

The boys hadn't been to the doctor in years...so this was all new to them. They weren't too fond of the masks though, you would have thought that I had asked them to let me hold my finger in their eye for five minutes the way they were acting. They got blood tested, nose swabbed and then the tests came in... Mono for Atlin, Influenza A for Logan. Oh, Atlin also had an ear infection...which he has never had before. I thought that explained his recurring fever. So, no school for them for the next few days, no work for me and our four day weekend just turned into 7...but not as fun as you might think.

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

Weird, this new post still isn't showing up on my blog. hmmm? I will have to look into that.

Anyway, sorry about your little dudes. It's NEVER fun being sick and I think its worse when you're little ones are sick and there's nothing you can really do for them.

The Coles said...

I am glad the boys are doing better just in time for halloween festivities! Luckily they aren't big candy eaters to slow their immune system down.

THey are so tuff!