Monday, July 6, 2009

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Logan is our trash-man in training. He thinks every piece of garbage he finds lying around is a treasure. I think he is over the collecting of toilet paper rolls (I have tossed at least 15 I found in his room and there are more I know it). He has gotten wise to my plan of dejunking his room and he organized and hid all of his treasures. Now how can you discipline a kid for collecting junk when you can't even see it?! He is the tidiest kid I know...everything has it's place...but he has a love of empty Mountain Dew bottles. His dream is to collect one of every different flavor and then some. So, this was a thrill to me that he was willing to part with these two. I still haven't found his stash, but when I do, I hope it is trash day. He is not above dumpster diving to retrieve his treasures and the tears will flow. Maybe I am mean, but, I don't think it is healthy to horde such useless items...who knows, maybe I am wrong? You could look at it as me just making room for the next treasure trove...broken shoelaces, random odds and ends found on the playground...Ya just never know.. Logan is one of a kind;) He has a way of making me feel guilty when he throws things away on his own.

3 comments:

Deeanna said...

It must be the "Crook" in him...Dustin has a hard time passing a dumpster without at least thinking about looking. :o) I kid him about it all the time...

Us Lochers said...

That retarded Crook gene.

jayne said...

I've got a few of those with the crook gene too. Killing me. Shawn is getting better. I think he just threw out his high school biology class notes last week.....