Yay! Another 5k and in town even! I love it. And Curtis was there for the first time and I was so glad to have him "cheer" me on at the finish line (it was more like..."you can run faster than that...get moving" but I will take what I can get).
Last summer a man from Green River was on his run around the green belt along the river and died of a heart attack...what a sad, and sudden loss. So, to remember him and raise money for SADS (Sudden Arythmia...)the family started a memorial run. They expected maybe 100 participants (it being Memorial Day weekend)and they got 300.
My goal was under 30 minutes and I didn't make it...it was harder than I remember. I did make it in 33:11 which is better than my time at my last 5K in Feb..(an embarrassing 36:46). I was a lone runner but sometimes that makes it easier to navigate through a narrow course than if you had a pacing partner. I got stuck behind a pack or two. the ultimate winner made it in 18:00 and the fastest woman was 26:00... I don't think I will ever make it that fast but I am gonna die trying.
What a great experiance and I think it was one of the most organized races I have ever participated in... I plan on racing again next year...with a better time;) Next race is on June 27th...anyone interested in joining me?
For the Love.....
13 years ago
4 comments:
Hi there Champ! So, are you sore today? I am proud of ya! I have yet to run in any races...Maybe someday I will and you can be my mentor!
You could probably finish faster than I can with no training whatsoever! That seems to be how it works with me and my fellow runners. I just don't have the athletic perserverance or something.
Good job Rotna! You rock!
I am so proud of you! You are doing awesome and you are inspiring me to always work harder and not pee my pants!
Post a Comment