Saturday, March 7, 2009

The last 12 Years

Twelve years have gone by so fast, some better than others, good days and bad. But mostly, my life has been better for knowing Curtis and the best for being his wife.

As we celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary together we realize how fast time flies by and how grateful we are that we have eachother for eternity.

Curtis thank you for succumbing to my begging to ask me to marry you. I still remember it like it was yesterday, how nervous you were; sitting on the banks of the Skagway river watching the seals play, how much I cried from happiness and then running around Skagway to tell everyone that we were engaged. I also remember the staff at the Chilkoot dining room inside the Westmark hotel making our night so memorable..complete with a song and a bottle of chilled sparkling cider, I think they may have even comped our meal! I feel the same excitment about our life together as I did at that moment about 13 years ago.

My only hope is that our boys find someone that they will love and adore like we do eachother. I feel so lucky to have a best friend in my companion for life and forever.

6 comments:

MindyW said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I am so happy that you have a good life together...I am proud of ya!

Unknown said...

What a syrupy loser!

Chrissy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I am so glad you are still I love, but mostly I love Atlin and Logan's comment!!!!!

Us Lochers said...

I too, am enjoying the comment from your children. and I too, would like to vomit now. HA HA

Rhonda said...

don't be fooled...that comment is from Curtis. He has the boys' names for his email address.

The Coles said...

yet another day where Curtis ruins everybodies' lives and then blames it on those children you own.

No you guys are great and I am glad you are happy! Personally I really wouldn't want you to be unhappy.