Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life In Chile ~ Mission update


Welcome to La Serena Coquimbo!




The missionaries in a Christmas nativity.



Missionary dinner. Jer eating ice cream from a honey dew melon.




Aww! Pretty kitty...for all you kitty lovers out there.


What missionaries do in their down time...stack coca cola bottles.






The pet tarantula...I don't know if this spider came with the apartment or what but there are bunches of pictures of the 4 roommates letting this creepy crawly they named Gary crawl all over them.

Jer trying to be brave with a huge spider crawling across his face.






A family they baptised...the girl in the striped jacket was baptized along with the man next to Jer.






Some down time. I wouldn't touch that chair with a ten foot pole but to each his own;)

Jer wanted everyone to see these pictures so please post a comment so I know you have seen them. Otherwise I will hunt you down. Jer has recently been transferred to Quilpue' which is closer to Vina del Mar so I am hoping he will get letters more frequently. If you haven't written a letter to Jer please do so. He loves hearing from you guys and what you are doing with your family from week to week. I don't think he has heard from his brothers so guys, please take some time and write your brother a letter. His address is :
Elder Jeremiah Crook
4 Norte N 1112
Vina Del Mar, Chile
If you are wanting to use the pouch call me and I will give you the address.

11 comments:

Us Lochers said...

You're bossy. he he he

Nancy said...

EEEWWWW That spider just gives me the "willies" and the chair!! Will you send me his pouch address? Please!

Rhonda said...

Darla...my job is being bossy...so thanks for saying I do it well;)Jer was very adamant that I make sure everyone saw his pictures.

Here is his pouch address Nancy, I am sure you know the pouch rules and how to send mail through it:
Elder Jeremiah Crook
Chile- Vina del Mar Mission
pob 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

Unknown said...

I saw the pictures. Loved 'em all!

Unknown said...

What is a pouch address and what are the rules?

Rhonda said...

You take a plain piece of printer paper, write your letter on one side, fold it into thirds and tape it at the top. Address the outside and voila! You can't have an envelope, it can only be one page and it has be non lined paper.

the pouchjust sends a bulk bag of letters to that area it is nice because it only costs a stamp because it is just going to salt lake. If you mail a letter or package to Jer directly it will cost at least $1 for a letter and more for a package. I sent a small bubbled envelope package on Monday and it cost $6. Just for an idea. Nice to hear from you Shawn! What are your plans for your birthday?

Nancy said...

I was glad you put the pouch rules in there because I didn't know them. I just email Jeremy and send him things to the mission office and they deliver it out to him. Jeremiah looks like he is doing good. How did you get the pictures from him? Jeremy says he can't send them attached to his emails. Just wondering.

Rhonda said...

He sent me his card from his camera...I download everything, put it on a disc and then send him back his card. He has an extra card for his camera so it works.
how is Jeremy?

Nancy said...

Jeremy sent me his memory card once and then said he wanted to keep them so he could see where he had been. So I guess I won't get anymore pics til he gets home!! He is doing really good. They have had good luck with investigators and he can disc golf on p-day!!

Deeanna said...

We saw them down here in Arizona... Thanks so much for keeping us posted. I wish I was better at making sure we write.

The Coles said...

Oh my baby bro is so cute even with a turantula on his face and holding a cat. :) He is so tan!!
I think it is funny that him and his comp have matching ties! They must like each other.