Friday, January 23, 2009

My Life

Lately I have been seriously pondering how sweet and short life is. I am thinking of all the ways I am wasting it. There are so many things I haven't done, so many places I haven't been, so many times I haven't hugged my boys.

As you all know Curtis lives for traveling and since he has met me his lifestyle of leisure and no cares went out the window, and got run over by 20 cars and then rained on. I feel like I am keeping him from his dreams. Of course, we have been some pretty amazing places together, places I never would have been had it not been for him. He has opened up the wander lust inside of me I never had before.

But now I wonder; "were we put on this earth to accomplish more than being a train engineer and a lunch lady?" There is more out there for us I can feel it and I feel it passing by. Have you ever wanted to move to a different country to live and learn the customs and maybe make a differance? And then move to another one after awhile and then do it all over again? I probably sound crazy but I feel life slipping away with all it's wonder.

I wonder how long we could live in Italy if we sold everything we owned and traveled by bike? Sounds romantic and wonderful but I sure love my stuff...maybe a little too much. Hmm...I think I will go back to my senseless wandering in my imagination.....

2 comments:

jayne said...

I'm guessing my brother Charlie got you thinking about this. Unfortunately, this bike trip was spun about after a divorce and feeling lost in life, not knowing what the next step should be. Just enjoy where you are at, and plan another trip. Call me and I'll talk to you about what life is all about sister!

Us Lochers said...

I think your life in Italy would be just a way to avoid life... just my personal opinion. That's supposed to sound light hearted and now reading it it sounds mean.... but I still stand by it.