So, I have recently recieved a lot of flack for my last post and then proceeding to go a month before posting again.. Sorry bloggers -r- us didn't mean to let you down.
The past month flew by so fast I didn't know it was gone till yesterday. We had Curtis's family join us for Thanksgiving. It was so fun having everyone here with us. The cousins just love to play together and even though they only see eachother a few times a year it is always like no time has passed between them.
Curtis thought it would be fun to take the kids to the pound to see the kitties there. Well, they all came back begging aunt rhonda to go get the poor little black kitten there. He was all alone and needed a home for the holidays. So, being the sucker for homeless pets that I am we went down and saved the little fella from his solitary confinement. I bet he was pretty upset when he learned that five little kids weren't going to leave him be for one moment. So, needless to say he is still a little wary of kids right now. Who can blame him so am I.
After everyone left it was so quiet and it is still quiet. I am finally after three weeks getting the chance to sit and blog. The tree is up, the lights are on and I am still not feeling the Christmas spirit. It can't be because I fight it when I see Christmas crap on sale at all the stores starting on Halloween night. I don't want to talk about Christmas, listen to christmas music or think about a single gift until the day after Thanksgiving. I want to give Turkey day the celebration it deserves.
So, now that it is time to celebrate Christmas...I just want to take a nap. The past few weeks have a been a blur. I think I will go wrap some presents...that will get me in the mood. IF that doesn't work, then I'll look forward to the next 13 days telling the boys they can't open any presents. I allready gave up putting lights on the house this year and nixing the cookie plates for all our freinds and neighbors ( I usually take out 20). I will just learn to fight the guilty feeling that will wash over me when we get the first plate of cookies at the door. I will eat cookies and not even think about how I am not making plates for those that are near and dear. No guilt...okay there will be guilt. But, I will learn to live with it;)
For the Love.....
13 years ago
1 comment:
Slacker! You need to make cookies. That will put you in the Christmas spirit. he he he. I am going to make mine tomorrow or monday, still deciding. THEN today we're making a gingerbread house. With the yucky candy and everything! HA HA
Post a Comment